.RU Drastic Policy Change Starting April 1st, 2010
Last October, the registry operator for the ccTLD .RU (the Coordination Center), modified its policy on .RU registration. In accordance with those modified policies, starting April 1st, 2010, registrants must also be "verified" before a registration can be processed.
We will inform you in more detail concerning the registration process in one our upcoming newsletters.
Notice: Even though the verification policy doesn't start until April 1st, 2010, HEXONET would like to encourage all resellers to start implementing these requirements today.
1. Registrant Verification: Depending on Registration Type Please Submit the Required Documentation
- For Legal Entities: A copy of the certificate that shows state registration issued by the state authority.
- For Natural Persons: A copy of a passport (personal details and issuance data).
- For Entrepreneurs: A copy of a passport (personal details and issuance data).
2. Required field for the Domain Verification
- Contract-ID: Please submit the contract number for your registration using field X-RU-DOMAIN-CONTRACT-ID
- The contract ID can be obtained using the StatusDomain command for the respective domain (within the property)
3. Submission of Required Documentation Copies
- Email: [email protected] using digital copies in "jpg", "png", "gif" or "pdf" format
- Fax: +7 (495) 7370602
- 123308, 3d Khoroshevskaya str., 2/1, Moscow, Russia (RU-CENTER) or
- 125315, Leningradsky prospekt, 74, bldg. 4, Moscow, Russia
4. Querying the Status of Verification available through WHOIS
- Prior to registrant verification, the WHOIS output will contain - State: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, UNVERIFIED
- After successful verification, the registrant will receive an email and the WHOIS output will change to - State: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, VERIFIED