.LU IDNs Pre-registration opens February 18, 2010 at 09:00 UTC
DNS-LU, the official registry operator of the ccTLD of Luxembourg, recently announced the availability of Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) for .LU on a "first-come-first-served" basis starting April 1, 2010. Again, HEXONET's Pre-Registrations for .LU IDN begins on February 18, 2010 at 09:00 UTC.
Dates and Information
- Availability: April 1, 2010
- Time: to be announced
Characters: Valid IDN characters will be those necessary for Luxembourgish, French or German. And the currently accepted characters (a-z, 0-9, - (hyphen)):
- U+00E4: Latin small letter a with diaeresis (ä)
- U+00F6: Latin small letter o with diaeresis (ö)
- U+00FC: Latin small letter u with diaeresis (ü)
- U+00E0: Latin small letter a with grave (à)
- U+00E2: Latin small letter a with circumflex (â)
- U+00E6: Latin small letter ae (æ)
- U+00E7: Latin small letter c with cedilla (ç)
- U+00E8: Latin small letter e with grave (è)
- U+00E9: Latin small letter e with acute (é)
- U+00EA: Latin small letter e with circumflex (ê)
- U+00EB: Latin small letter e with diaeresis (ë)
- U+00EE: Latin small letter i with circumflex (î)
- U+00EF: Latin small letter i with diaeresis (ï)
- U+00F4: Latin small letter o with circumflex (ô)
- U+00F9: Latin small letter u with grave (ù)
- U+00FB: Latin small letter u with circumflex (û)
- U+0153: Latin small letter oe (œ)
- Pre-Registration Fee: free
- Registration Fee: Prices only charged upon successful registration
IMPORTANT - Pre-Registration Billing
As of March 22, 2010, HEXONET will attempt to withdraw the total cost of all your .LU IDN pre-registrations from your reseller account. This deduction is only to reserve funds in case all your pre-registrations are successful. Reserved funds will be returned back to your account if any pre-registrations are not successful or if you delete a pre-registration 24 hours prior to the launch date.
Please note, that 24 hours prior to the actual "Go Live", HEXONET will stop accepting pre-registrations. Additional domain requests will be queued up and submitted to the registry once our main batch-queue has been submitted successfully. As always, if any pre-registrations should fail, refunds will automatically be applied to your reseller account.
Pre-registration via API
command = AddDomainApplication class = LU_IDN_GOLIVE domain = xn--mller-kva.lu period = 1 ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver2 = (NAMESERVER)
Pre-Registrations via Control Panel
Pre-registrations can be submitted through the Control Panel by logging into your account and navigating to "Manage Products > Domains" and clicking the "Pre-reg Admin" link in the left side menu. From here one can list existing or submit new pre-registrations. Users can modify or delete any pre-registrations without charge up to 24 hours prior to the launch date.
.NZ soon to launch IDNs
The DNC (Domain Name Commission) office of .NZ, the official ccTLD of New Zealand, has been moving toward implementing IDNs. Soon, registrants will be able to use IDNs to correctly display Māori words and names with .NZ domain names.
The initial sunrise registration phase for .NZ IDNs runs until July 6, 2010 to allow current .NZ registrants to apply for Māori language variants of their existing names. The IDN characters for Māori language will include ā, ē, ī, ō and ū. IDN domains that meet the .NZ policy will be registered when the IDN system is launched.
After the sunrise, .NZ IDNs will be made available July 26, 2010 on a "first-come-first-served" basis. Please stay tuned, as more information will be provided in subsequent newsletters, including when HEXONET will be accepting pre-registrations of .NZ IDNs.