Starting on Thursday, October 1st, 2009 at 12:00 CEST, HEXONET will be making .HK, official country code top-level-domain of Hong Kong, available to its resellers.
- RESELLER: 297.50 (net: 250.00) HKD per domain/year
- PREMIUM: 291.55 (net: 245.00) HKD per domain/year
- PLATINUM: 279.65 (net: 235.00) HKD per domain/year
Please note that HKNIC, the official registry operator of .HK, applies a transfer fee of 595.00 (net: 500.00) HKD (Hong Kong Dollars) for every transfer, which is the responsibility of the reseller. Transfers can be initiated via authorization code and are already available at HEXONET.
- RESELLER: 595.00 (net: 500.00) HKD + 297.50 (net: 250.00) HKD per successful transfer
- PREMIUM: 595.00 (net: 500.00) HKD + 291.55 (net: 245.00) HKD per successful transfer
- PLATINUM: 595.00 (net: 500.00) HKD + 279.65 (net: 235.00) HKD per successful transfer
Facts about Hong Kong and .HK:
Officially known as the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Hong Kong is a special territory of the People's Republic of China, facing Guangdong to the north and the South China Sea to the east, west and south. Hong Kong is an international metropolis and one of the world's major financial centers. The territory is at the heart of commerce and trade in China and continues to be a financial and business hub for all of Asia.
- Anyone worldwide can register a .HK domain (example.hk)
As of August 1st, 2009, there were:
- 69,832 registered .HK domains worldwide
- 95,346 registered com.HK domains worldwide
- 204 registered net.HK domains worldwide
- 3999 registered org.HK domains worldwide
- 2175 registered idv.HK domains worldwide
Additional API parameters needed for the registration of .HK domains:
- X-HK-REGISTRANT-CHINESE-COMPANY = <TEXT> (optional)
Company name with Chinese characters
- X-HK-REGISTRANT-DOCUMENT-TYPE = <TEXT> (mandatory)
Registrant Document Type. Please refer to the possible values below:
- If the registrant is an individual:
- HKID - Hong Kong Identity Number
- OTHID - Other's Country Identity Number
- PASSNO - Passport No.
- BIRTHCERT - Birth Certificate
- OTHIDV - Others Individual Document
- If the registrant is an organization:
- BR - Business Registration Certificate
- CI - Certificate of Incorporation
- CRS - Certificate of Registration of a School
- HKSARG - Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government Department
- HKORDINANCE - Ordinance of Hong Kong
- OTHORG - Others Organization Document
- If the registrant is an individual:
- X-HK-REGISTRANT-OTHER-DOCUMENT-TYPE = <TEXT> (mandatory, if X-HK-REGISTRANT-DOCUMENT-TYPE is 'OTHIDV' or 'OTHORG')
- X-HK-REGISTRANT-DOCUMENT-NUMBER = <TEXT> (mandatory)
- X-HK-REGISTRANT-DOCUMENT-ORIGIN-COUNTRY = <COUNTRY> (mandatory)
- X-HK-REGISTRANT-BIRTH-DATE = YYYY-MM-DD (mandatory, if the registrant is an individual)
- X-HK-ACCEPT-INDIVIDUAL-REGISTRATION-TAC = 0 | 1 (0 = No, 1 = Yes) (mandatory, it the registrant is an individual - For explanations see the paragraph below)
Additional agreement if the registrant is an individual
The customer is aware that the official .HK registry registration policy requires all individuals to provide identification (i.e. passport numbers) to register a .HK domain. In processing .HK domain registrations through HEXONET, the customer explicitly authorizes HEXONET to transmit this information to the registry on the customer's behalf in the fulfillment of .HK registration policy and the registration of domain names.
The customer in submitting a .HK domain registration through HEXONET explicitly agrees to indemnify HEXONET against any and all liability, loss, damages and legal costs in the transmission of identification information, understanding that HEXONET deletes identification information from all its systems immediately after transmission. The customer understands and accepts that the .HK registry may choose to store identification information along with other registration data on their own accord and completely independent from HEXONET.